Thursday, June 25, 2009

R.I.P. MJ & Angel Jill

Rest in peace, Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. Some people may doubt that the world is a bit poorer without you, but the history of my life certainly is.

Farrah was part of my childhood as Jill Munroe, one of the 3 "original agents". Charlie's Angels first season was a hit and every little girl role-played them with her friends, myself included. MJ was the sountrack of my teenage years, and I still remember butterflies in my stomach at a party when the guy I loved throghout my years as a student at ETFPel - and some years more after that... :P - looked at me for the first time, at the sound of Thriller (I remember even the EXACT lines: They're out to get you, there's demons closing in on every side / They will possess you, unless you change that number on your dial...). And many other, no, ALL of his songs still remind me of those days.

So here's my tribute to them, for these images will be a part of my life forever: the opening and scenes of the first season of Charlie's Angels (A.K.A "As Panteras" in Brazil), the videoclip that changed the history of videoclips, the classic Thriller, and MJ in one of his finest moments, singing and dancing The Way You Make Me Feel at the Grammy's.



1 comment:

Cynde L. Hammond said...

Ahhh...These sure bring back the memories. Especially the Michael Jackson ones.

I guess because I've been following him since he was a little boy and he sang songs like "Ben" and "I'll Be There".

And because I'm a blond, when I was a teenager, I naturally just HAD to wear my hair like Farrah Fawcett!

Thanks for the memories!

Cynde
Cynde's Got The Write Stuff